Mike Colameco’s Real Food is one of the most popular and enduring cooking shows in the the history of New York’s iconic Channel 13WNET, Public Televisions largest affiliate, content creator, tastemaker and industry leader. In 2016 Real Food is going into it’s 15th season as a pioneer in food television. Since the show launched in October 2000 the unique back-stage format has showcased New York’s vibrant restaurant culture, taking viewers behind the scenes in real time to visit with chefs, and restaurateurs. Shot documentary style, it is not reality TV, but a real chefs point of view at how the most influential people in today’s restaurant world are transforming the way we think about food. The program has featured, Daniel Boulud, Thomas Keller, Gabrielle Hamilton, Alain Ducasse, Dan Barber, Alice Waters, Eric Rippert, Danny Meyers, April Bloomfield, Daniel Humm and countless other industry tastemakers. About Mike:
Mike’s Bio, TV, Radio and print platforms
Mike is a professionally trained chef, and an author, radio and TV host. After graduating from the CIA in January ‘82 he worked at the Four Season’s Restaurant, Windows On The World, The Maurice, Tavern On The Green and at the age of 31 was the Executive Chef at The Ritz Carlton, New York City prior to opening his own seasonal restaurant, The Globe in Cape May N.J. Along with being the host / producer of Mike Colameco’s Real Food, he was the host / producer of Food Talk on WOR710AM for 6 years and is currently the host Producer of Mike Colameco’s Food Talk on The Heritage Radio Network. Mike is the author of Mike Colameco’s Food Lover’s Guide to New York City published by John Wiley & Sons in 2009 and has written for Saveur, Edible Manhattan, Guitar Aficionado, Snooth and Edible New Jersey.
Mike’s hobbies include playing and collecting electric and acoustic guitars, running, open water ocean swimming, weight lifting, bird watching, surfing, karate, boxing, listening to music and of course traveling to food and wine destinations, dining out all over New York City and pairing food and wine.
- ’71 – ’78 worked through Junior High, High School, and College, cooking in kitchens throughout the Philadelphia Metro region Graduated from The Culinary Institute of America
- ’82 Line Cook, Four Season’s Restaurant under Chef Seppi Renggli
- ’82 – ’83 Sous Chef, Maurice Restaurant under Chef Christian Delouvrier and consulting Michelin 3 Star Chef Alain Senderens
- ’84 Restaurant Chef, Cellar in the Sky/Windows on The World with Chefs Eberhard Muller and Hermann Reiner
- ’85 – ’86 Executive Sous Chef/Night Chef, Tavern on The Green with Chefs Stefan Kopf and Reto Demarmels
- ’86 – ’87 Executive Chef, The Ritz Carlton Central Park South, NYC
- ’88 – ’93 Chef/Owner, Globe Restaurant Cape May, NJ
- ’93 – ’06 self employed as an Import Food Broker, MECO Trading representing and consulting for overseas Food Manufacturers and sourcing supply for US Based Importer Distributors
- ’00 – present Host/Producer Mike Colameco’s Real Food airing on Public television Channels 13WNET and WNJN
- ’06 -’12– Host of Food Talk on WOR Radio, airing live 6 days a week via WOR and 64 other nationally affiliated network stations
- 2013-Present Host Producer of Mike Colameco’s Food Talk on the Heritage Radio Network